KEEPING YOUR DATA SAFE MATTERS
At The Spraying Company, making sure that our visitors and partners have the best experience possible on our website is very important. Like many websites, we use Google Analytics to track such information as visitor numbers, return visits and the time customers spend on our site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies we use are simple text files that cannot harm your computer.
Please note – if you continue to browse through our website and do not utilise the ‘opt-out’ cookie option, you will be giving us implied consent to collect this data. The opt-out links appear below on this page.
We would never pass on your details to a third party. Please read our privacy document below for more information.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:-
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site such as your name and contact details. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site;
- Information that you provide by filling in a hard copy form and return to us, e.g. quotation details.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information that you upload to our site.
Only the minimum information necessary for the above purposes will be collected, as a legitimate interest in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679.
We will always inform you at the earliest opportunity of this processing, which is subject to your Section 11 right to opt out at any time (see below). If you have not heard from us or submitted your details, but have received a fundraising communication containing a reference to this document, you may assume that the above case applies.
The information collected will never consist of sensitive personal data, as defined in Section 2 of the Act, without your prior informed consent.
The above information will be used only for due diligence purposes, and will not be disclosed to any third party, or disseminated in such a way that it is used for other purposes.
With the exception of due diligence, the data described in this section will not be held by us for longer than two years without seeking your consent to continue processing.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
Using Your Personal Data
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorised transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
We may also share data with a designated data processor, for example to process communications that are sent. In this case, the processor is bound by a contract to only act on our instructions, as well as to enact security equivalent to ours in regard to Principle 7 of the Act. Apart from the circumstances above, we will never share your personal data with third parties without your explicit consent to do so.